Friday, September 21, 2007

Blog News Update

We are slowly recovering from the fire at work. My office has been moved and I finally got all my phone lines installed yesterday although now voicemail isn't working. I'm still waiting on the internet. I'm starting to get the shakes. One whole week with no internet at work! How does a person do it? I need to start bringing in Sudoku puzzles to waste time I guess. Hopefully it will be ready Monday because I actually have some work-related internet business that I need to have done before the end of the month.

Zack isn't kicking butt on the potty like he did in the last post, but he is still doing pretty well with a couple of wet/dirty diapers here and there. I still haven't gave him the firetruck. I think he has lost sight of his goal, a firetruck with a big big ladder. His teacher suggested I cut out a picture from the box and put it on the fridge to show him what he is working towards. I still need to do it though.

In other news, I had an OB appointment today. Just over three weeks left. It has gone by so fast. Addison hasn't started her decent yet. My cervix isn't doing anything, but she is head down. I told the doctor I was still concerned about my weight and the size of the baby. He said I've gained 18 pounds since my first appointment at 10 weeks. Also, my uterus hasn't grown since my last appointment two weeks ago, so we are going to have a third ultrasound done on Tuesday morning. I didn't have time today and Tuesday was the tech's next available appointment.

When I was pregnant with Zack I had the same issues and they started making me take multiple non-stress tests and then stress tests, until I was finally induced two weeks later. They warned us that he may be born with cerebral palsy or something else wrong because he may not be getting enough oxygen. Ryan and I were both wrecks for those two weeks and took turns breaking down and being the shoulder to lean on. He ended up having dead spots on the placenta and "excessive narrowing and twisting" of the umbilical cord and spent six days in NICU with no long term problems. I am praying that Addison does not follow in her big brother's footsteps and make her parents panic. I am staying positive until Tuesday. She is definitely active, so that keeps me assured. I will keep you posted.

In happier news, we are going to the lake Saturday morning and then to the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus on Sunday with my sister and her family. I haven't been to the circus since I was very little and never to a Ringling Bros. Circus. I can't wait to see Zack's reaction to the big top. Hopefully I will be able to smuggle my camera inside the gate. I have a bad feeling they won't allow it because it looks professional. Maybe I should just show them my blog pictures and they will know I'm far from a pro.

Here are some pictures from August that got lost in the shuffle.

Zack and Ryan playing football

Sammy actually allowing Zack to touch him, a very rare moment. Sammy, actually, just in the past week will let Zack pet him without total fear for his life. Last weekend he even laid on the floor by Zack's bed while Zack was napping. Just when he is starting to get used to the little man we bring home another munchkin to poke his eyes out. Poor dog!


Janice said...

Hey, I just wanted to tell you I was thinking about you today. I can't believe you don't have much longer to go! I am sending you positive thoughts and prayers. :-)

Jennifer said...

I can't belive you only have 3 weeks to go. I bet you are getting so excited. I am sending prayers your way for tomorrow morning.

I don't know how you did it at work for a whole week without internet. I wouldn't survive :-)

Love the picture of Zack hanging on the tree....SO CUTE!

Jaidean said...

Good luck at your appointment - please keep us posted!!

How'd Zach like the circus?