Monday, April 7, 2008

Disney - Part 1

We are home from Disney World. We had a hot, busy week. On the way there we stopped at a Walgreens in Georgia at 3:30 AM to feed Addison. Zack, Ryan and Jim were in the parking lot getting some air while I fed her in the van. A car went speeding by and hit a cement median and then went into a telephone pole and started flipping end over end multiple times and finally hit a parked semi-trailer. Ryan put Zack in the car and then got a closer look. Zack hasn't stopped talking about and asking questions about the "Thunder Car." I guess he thought it was loud and sounded like thunder. The guy ended up walking away. He had to of been drunk. I am so grateful we or no one else was in his path.

We arrived at the All Star Music resort at 10 AM after a 19 1/2 hour drive. The kids were both really good the entire drive. We hardly heard a peep out of Addison. Luckily our room was ready at 10 and we didn't have to wait until 3 PM to check in. We all took showers and took a tour of the hotel. Zack had a meltdown when we walked by the pool and didn't stay to swim. He did discover his love of fountains and tossing money inside of them. We were sure to have a pocket full of coins for the rest of the week to help occupy him.

We then headed to Downtown Disney for an autograph book for Zack and Ghiradelli ice cream for me. We started unloading our stuff in the parking lot and I realized we forgot the diaper and camera bags in the hotel room, so we repacked the stroller and headed back. The kids both fell asleep in the car, so we decided to go to Universal City Walk and Margaritaville restaurant so they could nap longer and then go to Downtown Disney afterwards.

Ryan and I love Jimmy Buffett and always have fun at his various Margaritaville restaurants.

Grandma Sharon and Addison at Margaritaville
Zack enjoyed a Jolly Mon smoothie while we savored margaritas
We then headed back to Downtown Disney
The next morning we woke with a Mickey wake-up call and went to Hollywood Studios, formerly MGM. I'm really bummed that we never found Lightning McQueen. Zack would have flipped.

Addison sporting her 1st visit button. The kids got them at the Downtown Disney gift shop. Unfortunately those puppies didn't score us anything. We had big plans of spending the night in Cinderella's castle.
Zack spent a lot of time on Ryan's shoulders. I was very nervous about losing him, but he did a great job of keeping up. I gave him a business card with our cell phone numbers and instructions to give it to someone that worked at Disney World if he couldn't find us. Luckily it wasn't needed.
Woody and Buzz were the first characters we met and Zack couldn't have been happier. I was worried that he would want to draw in his autograph book, but he took it very seriously and was very proud of those signatures.

Green Army Man was actually the first character we saw and Zack wanted nothing to do with him. Ryan and I were a little worried that he would be afraid of the characters. But, after he saw Buzz and Woody he was willing to get the Green Army Man's autograph too, but daddy had to hold him.

I'll add more tomorrow. Right now I have a heating pad on my neck. I can't turn it after the long car ride home. I was so happy to sleep in my own bed again.


Jaidean said...

How fun! Looks like Zack really enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Miller Mommy said...

Looks like a great time! I cannot wait to see more pictures and hear all about it, hopefully the neck is settling down!!

We too have left and forgotten the diaper bag, makes for a quick change in plans or a quick trip to the store!!

Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun!!! It sure looks like Zack had a blast. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about the rest of your trip!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.